Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Wednesday Speed, Thursday Rest

Yesterday I had this prescribed workout:
2 x 1 mile Cruise Intervals (between 7:05-7:15/mile) with 2 laps recovery jog
4 x 800 meter Speed Intervals (between 3:15-3:25/mile) with 1:1 recovery, or basically recovering for as long as it took to run the interval.
2 x 1 mile Cruise Intervals (7:05-7:15/mile) with 2 laps recovery jog

Workout Results:
2 x 1 mile CI @ 6:41 and 6:47 (too fast, even with the jogged recovery)
4 x 800 m SI @ 3:17, 3:20, 3:18, 3:19
2 x 1 mile CI @ 6:59 and 6:55 (closer to prescribed, but still a little too fast)
I jogged a 2 mile warm up and 2 mile cool down
TOTAL MILES: 12.75

It was tough, physically and mentally. I know it sounds hokey, but the more I talked to God through it, the better and stronger I felt.

Today I might run a recovery 4 miles... or I might just rest.
Another hard workout tomorrow with some marathon goal pace miles, 4-6 800s and tempo paced miles.

Enjoy the day!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Not hokey at all. Pretty cool, actually. :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Glorybelle, Just reporting in and checking on you. I thought your Wed. workout was a killer until I read the Friday report. You're dead set on that 3:20, and you'll likely get it.

The Geetah 75 (my version) workout I did came relatively easy but I paid my dues this morning. 3 very easy miles (9:15) had me whipped. I'm tapering now as race day is 10/21. Wishing you the best. Ray