After my kids' soccer games today I headed out for a 14 miler with a fast finish (that means the last 15 minutes at tempo pace).
I felt so strong. The sun felt so good on my body and the breeze was so light. PERFECT day for a medium long run. I prayed a lot on the run. It just felt good. Thank you, God!
I think I averaged about an 8-minute pace for the whole thing. The last 5.5 miles were like this: 8:05, 7:47, 7:40, 7:12, 7:08, then half a mile at a 7:06 pace. For Ryan Shay.
I really wanted to run with music today (it would've been my first time doing that outside) but my MP3 player would not play the iTunes I downloaded. I'm a technical moron, so I'm sure I did something wrong. The iTunes website said it was MP3 compatible, but I have no idea. Anyone else know???
Anyway, I'm glad the music didn't work out for today. Turns out I didn't need the tunes. It's all good!
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


5 comments:
I also find running a great place to pray.
gaj
SillyLilly - that's a SMOKING fast run. Wow - I'd be really happy with times like that, and I just ran a 1:25 HM! You're going to do awesomely in your next race.
Thanks for stopping by my blog as well - I really appreciate the feedback, the link on your page (it's the only time my blog shows up on the Google search!), and your forum contributions. Really looking forward to your upcoming race reports - good luck and I'll be dropping in from time to time (I have been already!)
Awesome run GB!! You definitely didn't need the tunes. :)
You rock lillie.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I didn't know you had one. I'll stop by here often.
I've fought myself for years over the whole mp3 thing - everyone in my family has a ipod, except ME! I guess I'm just old school, I love to run in shorts,socks, shoes...and that is all! For races, I wear a shirt but begrudgingly! I DO download the wife and daughter's workout stuff from itunes, though....hey, great RUN!!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving, sounds like you have much to be thankful for!
Post a Comment