Still logging the miles, not too easy but not hard at all.
Ran 6 (easy pace) yesterday at 5 a.m. with my training partners, Ali, Cheryl and Kim. We ran at an avg. 8:18 pace. They are still much faster than me so I know they probably held back for me quite a bit yesterday. They are all so nice and encouraging. It's great to run with them.
Today the toddler and I got out for another 6 miles during a break in the rain. Averaged 8:42/mile. It felt tougher pushing him today. My butt is still aching on both sides and sometimes the discomfort runs down my hamstrings. I know this is that aggravating piriformis syndrome. Ugh. I'm torn. I want to start running hard very soon, but I don't want to make these nagging little aches worse. I need to stick to my training paces and recovery runs for a while.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


3 comments:
listen to your body. well, i have no idea how to do that myself so maybe someone else will chime in :)
no porblem..my pleasure...any types of questions anyone may have I would like to talk about..if it will help.
Keep training hard..I am going to run a marathon in May aiming for 2:15-16 but it is top secret for now-hehehehe:)
Thanks GB..Keep it up.
Nate
hey GB,
just wanted to know what sorts of stretches, icing, therapy, etc, you employ to manage the piriformis syndrome. I suffer from it too...
Thanks! Good luck and happy running!
Post a Comment