Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Beautiful Sunday

Hey there, went to church this morning and then met my husband for coffee. We also ran a couple of errands. I can't believe Christmas is only 2 days away. I think we're ready!

I was able to break away from all the preparations and meet the gals for a 10 mile run this afternoon. They promised to run "slow." Well, it was slower than yesterday morning so I can't complain but we still averaged a 7:57 mile for the 10 miles. I was hoping for 8:30s. Oh well.

I made a boatload of deviled eggs tonight, wrapped some presents and vacuumed. This is disgusting to admit, but I still haven't showered since my run and it's almost 11:00 p.m. I am going to shower as soon as I log off the computer. Tomorrow the baby and I will run a couple miles, or 4, and then we will have dinner with my hubby and his fire crew. They are cooking up a great, big, Christmas Eve feast. The best part is he gets to be home for Christmas!!!

Have a great Christmas Eve and a very, Merry, Blessed Christmas! God Bless.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Silly Lillie (GB)! Looks like you are logging some good miles now! Great to see! Again, Merry Christmas!

Gregory (Pudov)

Rsqboss said...

Been following your blog for awhile. I am in the same boat as your husband. IAFF Local 944 in Milford, CT and have 4 girls that will be waiting for me as I pull in the driveway tommorrow morning. Working 24 hrs, started this AM. We do have a big dinner planned for tonight, hope your husbands is uninterrupted. Stay Safe - Chris @ rsqboss@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

PFRussell said...

Silly Lilly,

I've been reading your blog for a bit now since I saw the link on the Runner's World forums. I like reading blogs from other runners.

It's cool that your husband's a firefighter. I work for a department in Maryland as a firefighter/paramedic.

Enjoy your holiday and good luck with your training!

Patrick (NightShiftMedic on RW)

Unknown said...

I suspect the holiday greeting on my cell phone came from you. I Googled the area code and it was in CA. Thank you and we're wishing you and yours a joyous holiday as well. In the interest of your privacy, I didn't save your phone number after your post marathon call so the TM didn't identify it as you.

If it wasn't you, Sugar and I STILL wish you the very best. Here's for a fantastic 2008.

seagull junker said...

gb,
merry christmas and happy new year. i love reading your blog even though i don't always comment.

but you can keep the eggs all you want.

glad your family is together for christmas. that sounds wonderful