It's 2008. Hmm, not a whole lot has changed since yesterday. :)
I ran 8.6 miles today while the toddler was napping and my hubby and kids hung out at home. I warmed up w/ 15 minutes at an 8:46 pace. Included in that were 4 x 100 meter strides. Then I ran 4 x 1 mile cruise intervals with 2 minutes recovery jog in between. The intervals were 6:53, 6:54, 6:59, 6:53. I really DID feel terrible during the 3rd interval. It was hard to get into my groove and I was surprised I did it in less than 7 minutes. The other three were right within my recommended paces for cruise intervals, so I was pleased. After one month of relaxed running it felt good to speed things up.
Do I have a resolution? I guess a couple of them. Eat healthier choices to slim down for better racing. I'd like to get down to 120 pounds.
I also want to read the Bible for at least 15 minutes a day.
I don't like calling these goals "resolutions." I'll just call them lifestyle choices instead. Eh, whatever works.
Happy New Year and best wishes for a wonderful 2008!
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


7 comments:
Hey GB,
Just wanted to wish you and your family a Happy New Year in 2008! Happy running!
Gregory (Pudov)
P.S. Loved that marathon debut story about your co-worker, Brian! What a debut time! Great to hear!
Happy New Year GB!! :)
I love your goals for the year. You can do it!
Happy New Year to you too!!!!
Happy New Year GB!!! I met a friend at a race on NY day, and he had just finished reading the bible...he bought one that has a daily reading assignment. Sounded like a great idea. I've always wanted to read the one my dad read twice while in Viet Nam, I still have it. Maybe this should be the year! Thanks for the encouraging words on the 30K, I cannot believe it's in 3 days!! Woohoo!!
Have a great year!
Happy New Year, GB!
You are right - it is certainly OKAY to take the entire month of December off. I absolutely needed it mentally. Thank you, so much. :)
First time here, saw your blog link on runnersworld forum. Enjoyed reading your entries, will certainly be back. I'm chuckling about your "slow running." Pretty good clip to me. I've ran 2 half and I'm attempting my first full on May 4, Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati. I'm determined. Ran second Half in 2:01:34. Took 3 minutes off first one, so I'll keep plugging away. I too would like to lost about 10-15 lbs. as I think this would help me run faster. Happy New Year and Happy Running!
GREAT interval run!
Happy new year!
Post a Comment