Yesterday was a rest day, mostly due to the fact that I had no childcare and didn't feel like pushing the toddler as I ran. Anything to not aggravate the butt/hip situation.
But I felt the need to do something very physical, so I did a combination of two CrossFit workouts: Cindy and Mary. I love those girls! Of course I had to do modifications, but I am SORE today. It feels GREAT! Here's how my sets panned out:
In 20 minutes I ended up with 10 sets each of 5 jumping pull-ups, 10 traditional push-ups (no knees); and 6 sets each of 10 one-legged squats per leg; and 4 sets each of 15 squats.
Later I will run an easy 4 miles and finish with 6 x 100 strides. And I will ice and stretch, ice and stretch. I am going to rehab this as much as I can before I see a physical therapist (which I have discovered my insurance happily covers). I know, you're shaking your heads at me thinking, "She just needs to stop already and go straight to physical therapy." But I just can't... not yet. I'm shaking my head at myself. Trust me. I don't see a need to go to an orthopedic surgeon. What will that do for me? I don't need surgery.
Okay, enough of my rambling. I just want to quote what fellow blogger, Nat, left in her comments on my previous entry: "Better to struggle in training than in a race." So true, so true.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


1 comment:
Haha, no head-shaking here. I for one cannot admit I have a problem until pain makes it physically impossible to run.
Very good news that your insurance covers PT!
Post a Comment