I love my rest days. After taking the kids to school, the toddler and I had a leisurely breakfast and I'm still sipping coffee (it's after lunch). The toddler is down for his nap (but I hear him talking to his bear in his room). My legs are tired and sore from the killer workout we had yesterday.
I met Cheryl and Ali at 5 a.m. for the marathon goal pace (MGP)/tempo/MGP run. After a mile warm up and some strides, we set out for the hard part. Their goal pace and tempo paces are faster than mine, so my goal for yesterday was just to "hang" with them as much as I could. Ha! These women are CRAZY fast.
My splits were like this:
2 miles at an average 7:12/mile pace (my goal pace is 7:26/mile)
4 miles at an average 7:00/mile pace (within my recommended range)
1 miles at an average 7:18/mile pace (still a little too fast).
Then we ran a mile cooldown.
Can you tell why my legs are so tired and sore?
The Spirit of The Marathon was a good movie. I enjoyed it so much. I laughed a lot through the film because of some great one-liners by a few of the runners, and some of their spouses. It really was inspiring to follow all the different runners on their marathon journeys. Of course the highlights of the film for me were Deena Kastor and the historical perspectives of the marathon. Daniel Njenga was pretty good too! What a sweet man. I'm a new fan of his now.
I recommend this movie to anyone that is remotely interested in running a marathon someday, or to anyone who is married or a family member of someone interested in running a marathon. It's pretty honest.
Okay, I rambled enough. Time to take care of things around home. See ya' soon.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


4 comments:
Hey GB! YOU are my hero! You are MY person to want to emulate! YOU! With your children, and wonderful family, and faith and exhurberence and energy! And the way you chase down your dreams and never fail!
You are my hero - not the Deena kastors or daniel njengas or all the 'untouchables'! It is YOU the very real GB's of this world who give me cause to rejoice and lace up my sneaks!
Proud to call you 'friend' and 'inspiration'!
Monica
Can you tell why my legs are so tired and sore?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Enjoy those rest days GB they are important!
Movie sounds great need to check it out!
Have an awesome weekend!
Thanks for the movie review. We didn't get to a theater, but will make a point of getting the DVD when it comes out.
Cheers to you for your inspirational running accounts.
Monica, I couldn't agree more. Glorybelle truly has it all and she's earned it. I too am proud to call her a friend.
GB, and you, and JHF, and a few other "close forum pals" supply me with a lot more than good running advice. The examples you set are uplifting and motivating.
I just stopped by to wish Glorybelle & family a happy Sunday and got all caught up in life!!
Have a wonderful day.
Post a Comment