Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Friday, February 15, 2008

Fall-like Friday - Triple Play Workout

Hey happy Friday everybody. Had a busy day with the kids off of school and my parents coming to visit. We played a lot outside. It was 70-degrees today!

At lunchtime, I managed to squeeze in 11.5 miles which included the Triple Play workout: 3 miles marathon goal pace (MGP) - 4 x 800s at Speed Interval pace - 3 miles at Tempo.

MGP split was 21:55 (7:18/mile avg). 4 x 800s were 3:07, 3:09, 3:08, 3:05. Tempo split was 20:42 (6:53/mile avg). Minimal rest between all intervals/portions. The last mile of the tempo portion was killing me, but I was very happy with the workout especially so close after that Newton Hills workout.

I stood in the 45-degree pool for 15 minutes and today it was Heaven. Tomorrow it's a recovery paced 3 miles pushing the toddler in the stroller, and with the running club. I am looking so forward to it.

1 comment:

Ron said...

Nice workout!
I just stopped in to say hi.
Ron