Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Monday, March 03, 2008

10 Pounds - GONE

It's official. I weighed in at 124 lbs. today. My starting weight was 134.4. I'm very happy about this considering that I am still eating ALL the foods I love. However, portion control keeps things in check. I will say that lastnight I had the most delicious hamburger from Red Robin called The 5 Alarm Burger.


Oh my goodness, absolutely amazing. And I had a half order of their steak fries (even better), along with a 4 oz. glass of red wine.


I just want everyone to know that I am not starving myself and that I am actually now taking in about 2200 cals/day in order to keep strength with marathon training. My maintenance level of calories is 2500/day so in essence, I am only cutting about about 300 a day. Sometimes 400. It's all good. I don't feel deprived at all.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

WOW!! Good for you.

Janis said...

Moderation is the key! Way to go on the ten down!

DawnB said...

congratulations

Ms Eva said...

Yummy! :)

jen said...

Awesome GB!! You're doing great. I have also officially lost 10 lbs, but I'm about 10 lbs heavier than you. We rock. :) Keep up the good work and the hard training.

Getting excited for Boston! It's sooooooon.

Arron said...

oh man, i love the red robin. love it i said!!!!!

portions portions portions......calories calories calories. its all about control.

nice work. later.

Anonymous said...

Wow--great job on your weight loss! Have you noticed a difference in your running--how you feel when you run? Also, do you mind me asking how tall you are? I'm 5'4 and weigh around 130. I would love to lose 5-6 pounds and I'm thinking they way you did it might work for me as well!
Run on!
Clare