Hi there, just a quick catch up on the running stuff. My butt hurts, and hamstrings too. I have come to grips with the fact that this hamstring insertion issue will be with me for quite a while and it will be a never ending battle through Boston and through the Ohlone 50K. I'll do the best I can with it, God willing.
After Thursday's workout and the increase in mileage, my legs felt so heavy on Friday and Saturday's recovery runs. I think I ran both at about a 9:15/mile average, or slower. I was just beat. Today I opted to run 18 on the treadmill rather than run them in the wind. My legs are kind of tired still and I knew that running into the wind would just suck all the energy out of me. Anyway, the 18 on the TM averaged an 8:38/mile. I needed that... a low key and easy long run.
I'm feeling good other than the hamstring/butt stuff. I will have my older kiddos one night this week because they will be with their dad all week before he goes to Iraq. Thanks again to all of you for your kind thoughts, words, prayers. It means a lot to all of us!
It's going to be a busy week ahead with more hours for the police department, hours at the running store, home stuff and marathon training. I need to be sure to get adequate sleep and food. I've still been eating very healthful stuff, and am still watching portions. Tomorrow I weigh myself and I think I may be around 124. We'll see. That would be a 10 lb. loss since January 1. Feeling good!
I'm resting tomorrow so I'll probably check in again on Tuesday. Have a great Monday!
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


3 comments:
How much has the weight loss helped your pace on runs? I've read you gain 2 seconds per mile per pound you lose.
Nice mileage last week, GB. I'm glad you slowed it down for the weekend. Trust me, the first few times you run 60-70 miles, it will suck all the life out of your legs.
But it will make you even stronger, and if you keep it up it will get easier the second, third, or fourth time around. ;)
See you in less than seven weeks! Have you finalized your travel arrangements yet?
John
Hey John, I sent you an email.
Boston, I feel great during my hard workouts. My training times have dropped several seconds and I continue to surprise myself, although I'm not out to set training records as much as I am to set new race PRs (of course). I have heard that about weight loss and racing, too and that was my primary reason for wanting to drop the extra weight I'd been lugging around. I have a half marathon on March 16 and we'll see if being lighter helps. I will probably take 3 days of light running beforehand as kind of a taper. Maybe that will help as well. Thanks for leaving a comment.
Post a Comment