Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Ran a 5K Today, and Won

Yea, it was a low key local 5K with about 30 runners, 1/4 of the field were women. I did not PR today and ran it in 21:00. I definitely felt the 50K in my tired legs today, and the lack of speedwork in the last 3 weeks reared its ugly head in the form of lactic acid taking over my entire body. But after starting workouts on Monday, given by my new coach, I think I'll be in PR condition for the next 5K at the very end of June.

Anyway, a very well organized race put on by my coworker at the running store. (In picture). I'm proud of him for organizing and directing his first race and pulling it off without a hitch. He's only 28 years old and he's not only a talented runner (with a 2:45 marathon PR), but one of his goals is to continue to organize and direct local races, eventually bringing back the long absent marathon to the area.

After working at the running store all day, which I absolutely love doing, I'm very sore now. But I followed my shift by having a nice Mexican food dinner complete with the BEST margarita I've had in ages. After we got home I had to pop some Ibuprofen. Ugh.

Gonna be a busy week ahead, working more at the store AND at my old full time job (still part time hours though). Have a great week.

7 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

ahhhh a Victory and then a nice Mexican food dinner complete with the BEST margarita, now that is a GREAT Day!!

Congrats on ur Win !!!!

Rick Gaston said...

Congrats! A nice win. What is your PR for the 5k.

GB said...

Thanks Bob & Rick. How are you guys feeling? Only a week to go!!!

Rick my 5K PR is 20:10. I am bent on breaking 20 and I hope to do it at the end of the month.

mommyrun said...

Congrats!! That is so great...

John Fenton said...

Congrats, GB, on the victory. I finished 2nd in 5K on Saturday and ran a small PR, but I've still never won a race.

Now go rest, my friend! Nothing faster than a trot for two weeks! :)

John

Anonymous said...

I think 2:45 is a pretty fast time... or maybe its because I'm slow.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I thought you said "not a talented runner" not "not only a talented runner"