It's Sunday and beautiful outside. It's past noon and only 77-degrees. A wonderful change from the past several days when temps were already in the high 80s by 8:00 a.m. I ran 10 miles today with my hubby and toddler on the bike alongside. My older kids are with their step mom this weekend.
The first 6 miles were at an easy pace of about 8:20-8:25/mile.
Mile 7 was "ins and outs": alternating 30 seconds at mile race pace followed by 30 seconds of the above easy pace, avg. 7:26.
MIle 8 was back to the easy pace, but I averaged 7:48.
Mile 9 was supposed to be between 6:50-7:00, and I ran it in 6:47.
Mile 10 was a cool down mile.
I drank a lot of fluid out there. I'm hoping that my cold is completely gone. I still feel a scratchy throat, but overall I think I'm back to good health. No pains detected, but I definitely felt fatigue and soreness especially in my hamstrings. I'm sure this was from the 5K race yesterday. My breathing felt much better today.
Tonight we go to our friends' son's birthday party. I'm definitely going to have a nice, cold beer! And cake and ice cream, too.
Have a great Labor Day Weekend!
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


3 comments:
Hey GB. Glad to hear the cold is going away. Your brother told me you guys were doing the SJ 1/2 coming up in October. Might have to think about doing that one. (Doesn't help that I have a wedding the previous night)
You are AWESOME GB!!!
I want to be like you some day!!!
How's sweet Jimmy doing? He's such a cute little guy...
monica
Haven't been around much lately, but great job on your 5Ks! Those are great times for the summer furnace. Enjoy your marathon training!
Post a Comment