Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Giving Thanks

I had such a great week. The hubby, the kids and I flew up to Idaho to spend Thanksgiving with my hubby's sister and her family. We had the best, most relaxing time. It was FRRREEEEZZZING up there and I loved it! Lows in the mid 20's and highs in the mid 30's. I ran Thanksgiving morning and it was 28-degrees. I thought my nose was going to burn off from the freezing cold. I had to cover it with my gloved, right hand for the first 1/2 mile or so, and then it was fine. I felt no pain anywhere! It was like running with ice packs on my body only with full range of motion. Good stuff. It snowed while we were there, but the snow didn't stick until the day we left. :(
We played lots of games: Texas Hold 'Em, Rummy Q, Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader, etc., etc. We watched some entertaining movies: Hancock and IronMan. I loved IronMan!!!

We ate a TON of food everyday. Oh, my clothes are tight! I drank some great local wines and even had shots of JAGERMEISTER... the headache that stuff produces is unreal. Ugh.
I so enjoyed the time with my family. I loved that we were all together under one roof for so long and yet we all got along beautifully!!! I am so thankful for their love and that God makes it possible for me to love them. Truly a blessing. I know that my family's love for each other is an extension of God and Christ's love for us. It feels so good to know that in my heart and in every fiber of my being.
Whether or not you believe in God or a higher power, or even if you don't... no matter! But be sure to love. Love your family and your friends and just treat your fellow human beings the way you'd like to be treated. We can make the world a little sweeter just by doing that simple thing.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I know I need to work off a lot of grub. :)

9 comments:

Da Weekend Warrior said...

Glad to hear ur back on the pavement painfree! Maybe it was the "cold" weather (30 degrees is NOT really cold) LOL. My P.T. is a marathoner, he really got me working. He even said the RWOL videos have great strengthening stuff rec'd by many coaches. U may want to check them out in your spare time. Hey, u better watch out... I'ma catch u one day!! LOL. Well maybe not, u just keep getting faster and faster!!!!!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to U and urs!!

Seth said...

GB, where in Idaho? I live in Boise.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving Family V-Cation!!

Welcome back and you will burn it off it no time!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving with family.

gaj

cindy and christy said...

Welcome to my snowy world. It will give you a whole new appreciation for Northern Cali weather! Hope to see you at CIM

Fishmagic said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. It's always such a blessing to spend time with family.

Aron said...

sounds like you had a great holiday!!! glad you got some pain free miles in too :)

Oz Runner said...

that pic with the snow looks like fun running weather....I'm hoping for a mild winter...

jen said...

Glad you had a happy Thanksgiving!! Sounds like a really fun time with your family.

I was up in Montana and it was freezing there as well. Running in cold weather is so different, isn't it!