I needed to do something physical today.
I put the little guy in the jogging stroller and we went for a little run. I am back to square one. I can't believe how beaten up my body is. Really. I jogged very slowly and it still felt uncomfortable. We did 16:00, then walked 3:00, then 10:00 of jogging, then walked 2:00, then jogged the rest of the way home.
3.11 miles in 34:56. I know that's close to a 12 minute mile. Oh well, it's something. I wasn't breathing hard or anything, but it sure didn't feel comfortable in my legs. It'll get better with time.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


3 comments:
Hey, at least you were out there.
Hi GB,
Good to hear that you are mobile again. That's the first battle won!
I thought Mark Sisson's take on overtraining was interesting. see http://www.marksdailyapple.com/case-against-cardio/ He was an Olympic class marathoner, but had to quit because of too many injuries. Then without trying as hard, he found injuries healing and speed returning (he was a personal trainer for people at a lower level of ability). His message is also similar to Dr. Phil Maffetone's (The Maffettone Method). So don't despair. You've got plenty of time to heal and improve, and I'm sure your body will cooperate if you are patient.
Warm wishes,
Cynthia
Don't even worry about the time right now! I'm glad you got out there for a bit, though; I'm sure it was good for you. Hang in there!!
Post a Comment