Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Dear Friend

I am so sorry that you had to feel your pain alone. You always seemed like such a strong person, so self assured and definitely not one to give up without a fight under any circumstance. I've learned that even the strongest person has their weakness. I am saddened and completely shocked that you are gone. I know you were a tough person, and I know you kept your personal life personal and I respected you for that. I know you loved your husband and that your face lit up when you talked about him, and I respected you for that. I admired you. Your work ethic. You were yourself, or so I thought. You were a tough one to crack, but when I got to know you I realized just how friendly a person you were. When you did something only ONE time to hurt my feelings, although inadvertently, you went out of your way to follow up with me and made sure I knew you didn't mean any harm by it. And I understood and I appreciated your effort, and I never lost respect or admiration for you. We did not see each other often, but when we did you always treated me like an old friend whom you were happy to see. I only hope I made you feel the same way! I really liked touching base with you, even for just a few minutes. I'm sorry you felt so alone. I'm so, so sorry. I wish I would have known. Many of us wish we would have known. I worry about your husband. I hope he's okay. Although you were a private person, it was obvious how much you cared for him. Dear Friend, I will remember you. I will pray that you are at peace and feeling comfort now, and that you no longer feel alone in your troubles. I will remember your style and your personality and your grace. I will remember your smile. You saved your smiles for certain times, and I feel lucky that I got to see it as often as I did when we were in each other's company. I will pray for your husband... that he feels your love, always. I will remember you!

4 comments:

Mir said...

What a lovely tribute. I'm so sorry, GB. Enjoy your family to the fullest this Thanksgiving!!

Ron said...

GB,

We are in the same place... only you're nearly 10 years younger!

We're in a place where we don't know what to do. You can make it back, I know it! Stay patient. I know how hard that is, but consider this an opportunity. We all have to curtail our runnig at some point, We are not bionic. I find I have to look elsewhere for a good workout. But it's not perminant. The back is tricky; but with rest and warm ups, we can be back.

For me, it's reducing quanity and juicing up the pace. You'll figure out a way!

Go wih god!
Ron

jen said...

I'm sorry for your loss GB. This is a really touching letter. My prayers are with you and your friend's loved ones.

Happy Thanksgiving. :)

jaysummer4 said...

Wow.
That is a touching personal tribute, and at the same time has a universal message.
Thanks for sharing it.