Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Friday, March 27, 2009

I ran today...

... and I thought of my Brothers in Blue: Dunakin, Hege, Romans and Sakai with every step. I saw so many butterflies and just knew the spirits of these men were free and with the Lord. The run was an effortless 8 miles. Each mile faster than the last. My heart felt strong for them, my legs felt fast and light. At the end of my run while doing some drills, 5 white birds flew overhead and I thought of the four of them and the Lord all together.

I could not attend their memorial up in Oakland today, but my husband and I watched the service on television. In retrospect it was probably better that I prayed along with them at home because I could not control my emotions. I just could not.

I had to break away to work at the high school with the track team, and being in the company of the kids cheered my heart a little bit. Then I watched the rest of the service after I got home.

Rest my Brothers, for you are Home. Thank you for what you've done and for the sacrifice you made. We will pray for your loved ones and care for them. We honor you and will not forget.

Godspeed.

4 comments:

jen said...

A nice tribute post GB. I'm so sorry for the loss of these men.

Anonymous said...

I pray God's grace and peace for these families today.

GB, You have the heart of God.

Know that you are loved,
gaj

Girl In Motion said...

Beautiful post, the 5 birds... Hugs to you, Glorybelle.

Breadcrumb Runner said...

The Oakland incident is such a tragedy. May the officers rest in peace.

Also, good luck with your track kids! I wish them well.