I had a pretty good week of LOW miles and easy running, in combo with some good cross training. Here's my activity.
S: 7.5 miles, including a 5K race (at 6:59/mi avg)
M: 2.2 miles recovery, deep tissue massage
T: 4.45 miles and CrossFit workout, yoga
W: 5.86 miles with 6 x 200 shake-out strides (avg pace for the strides was :48)
T: 2.3 miles recovery and CF workout
F: mini-brick: 16 mile bike (1:13) followed by 3 mile shake out run, yoga
S: Rest (pretty sore from the CF workouts and the bike ride).
Total run: 25.31
My body feels better with the supplementary workouts (i.e. cross training, yoga and crossfit/core strengthening). But I'll be back up to 40 miles for this coming week and then adding more running from there. I will continue to do all the supplementary work though. I feel stronger. If doing the extra stuff prevents me from getting injured again, I'm all for it!
Happy Sunday!
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


4 comments:
You are so smart to listen to your body! This will give you monumental gains in the long run. Get it, "long run?" Haha.
I am so glad that you are feeling stronger GB! I pray you have a great week.
gaj
Great runs and great job on the bike ride! I think the cross training is a great idea.
My body always loves cutback weeks and it gears me up for a good hard training week ahead. I agree with you that I'll do whatever it takes to prevent injury.
Post a Comment