Another nice week. No pain, no complaints! Thank God!
I upped the mileage a little bit from last week and feel really good. I even had a couple of hard CrossFit workouts in there, along with a couple of days of quality running. I'm more sore from the CrossFit than the running, and I think I'll be sticking to upper body strengthening for a while. My legs are going to be working harder in the upcoming weeks.
Here's the recap:
Mon: 20:00 warm up, 4 x :20 striders, 5 x 3:00 at 5K effort with 3:00 jogging recoveries, 15:00 cool down.
Tue: 30:00 easy; CrossFit WOD of Sumo deadlifts, dips, sit ups; ancillary exercises for feet & ankles
Wed: 60:00 easy; stretch
Thu: 20:00 warm up, 4 x :15 striders, 4 x 1:00 tempo hill repeats on treadmill w/ 3:30 walking recoveries, 17:00 cool down
Fri: 40:00 easy; CrossFit WOD of Tabata Something Else which was 16:00 of torture (pull ups, push ups, sit ups, squats); ancillary exercises for feet & ankles
Sat: 70:00 long run easy pace; Yoga in PM
Sun: 50:00 easy; ancillary exercises for feet & ankles (upper body still very sore from Friday's CF).
Total Miles: 42.6
Today's run was for Elizabeth DiNunzio who was struck and killed by a car while out on a run last week. She was training for today's Pittsburgh Marathon. She was only 22. Rest in Peace, Elizabeth. God bless.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


2 comments:
Yay! You're rebuilding so well, I'm thrilled for you. You're going to not only be fast, but super strong with all the great workouts you're doing.
Yes, so chillingly sad about Elizabeth DiNunzio, RIP.
Sorry to hear about your friend.
Post a Comment