Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

The week before school

We had a great getaway trip to my younger brother's cabin somewhere northwest of Lake Tahoe. The cabin and plot of land actually belongs to his wife's family and she's been going there since she was a little girl. I took the kids up there on Monday and my husband met us in between work days on Tuesday, but he was able to get half a day off on Wednesday for his long drive back to work.

We spent about 5-1/2 hours each day on my brother's boat, lounging, swimming in the lake, tubing, knee boarding. My brother, his wife and kids wake boarded and wake surfed. I gave wake boarding a try but couldn't get up and after three tries I was ready to get back on the boat and have my Bud Light Lime. I enjoyed the relaxation a lot, and loved seeing the kids have a great time with their cousins.

We all slept in and averaged at least 9-10 hours sleep each night. I'd run in the morning around 10, and my brother joined me for a medium long run with some hill repeats. We were only at 5500' elevation, but I could still feel it working my body. Anyway, we'd all head out on the boat sometime after lunch and not come in until after 7:30 at night. Dinner was at 9 p.m. and it was always healthy (my sister in law's business is fitness so they are a very health conscious family). I'd roll into bed by 10:30 and up and at 'em at 8 a.m. Good stuff!

I wish I took pictures, but the beauty of the Lake and the surroundings is fresh in my noggin. It was a last minute trip and so well worth the schedule changes. Time to get ready for school to start next week. I can't believe how fast the summer went by.

2 comments:

L.A. Runner said...

Sounds like you guys had a great trip- awesome way to end the summer! Don't feel bad about the wake boarding; I can't get up on them, either. LOL. Hope your kids have a great school year! BTW, is your youngest in school yet?

Girl In Motion said...

Talk about idyllic vacations, that sounds perfect! And how wonderful your sis-in-law is all about fitness too and fed you guys so healthily. Plus all that sleep (so jealous!).