Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

First 5K in 12 months (and first one of 2010).

In the spirit of short race reports, I ran a 5K for the first time in 12 months. Last year I ran 21:45 which was 1:35 slower than my PR. Today I ran 20:27, so a little bit closer to my PR but still have some work ahead of me. Nevertheless, it feels good to be healthy again. It was a fun race, flat for the most part and a fairly fast course. One of my teammates won the overall 5K title AND the Mens Masters Division in under 16:00. I won the female masters division, and was 4th female overall. There were 1281 runners. The trophies are beautiful (and I won a little cash, too). :)

Splits: 6:24, 6:38, 6:36, & 6:11-pace for that last, torturous .1.

Happy with the race and can't wait for another 5K next Sunday. 

6 comments:

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Congrats on the win!

jen said...

Awesome!! Congratulations. You are so fast. :)

Ms Eva said...

Those are sweet trophies! Kudos to you! Great work!

Da Weekend Warrior said...

She's baaaaaaccckkk!! Time for me to kick it in gear and lower my "soft" 5k PR, LOL.d

Nuke Runner said...

Excellent swag; way to go!

Yuri said...

Congrats. That's a pretty fast run and you're friend under 16 minutes - that's approaching world class standards. Good luck next week!

Yuri
Interval Training Man