Woooooo hooooooo, the long runs are OVER! I ran my last long run of the training cycle today and even though I kind of dreaded it, it went great. It must've been all the delicious food and the 3 cocktails a day I had in Portland. :-)
The 21 miles looked like this:
1.2 mile warm up
7 miles @ an average 8:12/mile
12 miles @ an average 7:35/mile (3 seconds faster than marathon goal pace)
.8 mile cool down
I'm going to heat up some coffee, pop some Tylenol for this headache, and soak in the 56-degree pool.
TOTAL MILES for the week: 49.5
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


4 comments:
Cograts! on the last long run. You will do great at CIM.
gaj
smokingggggggggggg Pace way to go GB, ur going to do so awesome!!
Fantastic run! I can't believe it's taper time already for the CIM folks. You are so ready for this marathon--I can't wait to read the report!
Woo-hoo! (from a Homer J Simpson)
12 miles at GMP in a 21-miler is great! Good luck at CIM.
56-degree pool??? Do you keep ice in there?
Post a Comment