I woke up at 4:30 a.m. out of a very sound sleep in the middle of a dream (which I don't remember). I ate a half piece of wheat toast with 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter for fuel. Drank a glass of water and also drank some Airborne. I met Ali and Cheryl at 5:00 a.m. and off we went.
We ran a mile warm up and 4 x 100 meter strides and then the workout:
2 mile interval at marathon goal pace, average 7:18/mile (my goal pace is 7:26/mile),
4 mile interval at tempo pace, average 6:48/mile (6:44, 6:52, 6:51, 6:45). Felt GREAT! A little tightness in the butt, but not bad at all.
2 mile interval at marathon goal pace, average 7:24/mile (much better).
1 mile cool down.
Then I got home and proceeded to have some very horrible gastrointestinal issues. I am still recovering from them as I type this. I think I was too dehydrated during and after the run. I'm feeling better now, but need to rest on the couch.
I'm definitely sore from CrossFit the other day, but in a way I think it helped me feel stronger for today's workout.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


6 comments:
Sounds like the machine is back online. Amazing.
Great workout, GB. I'm glad your butt was feeling better. I was getting worried about you.
Boston just wouldn't be the same without you. :)
Awesome run GB!!
Sorry to hear about the GI issues- ugh. I've defintely been there. Try drinking some gatorade or juice instead of plain water if you can handle it. Hope you feel better soon. :)
Appreciated your report. Take care.
Hey GB,
Great run there today (especially those tempo miles in the middle) and even better to hear that there is no real lingering pain from before! Way to go! :-)
Gregory (Pudov)
You didn't mention your hip so I assume that you're feeling better in that regard. Way to kick arse on the tempo run! All Around - Amazing Fast Paces!
Post a Comment