Running is a good thing. Try it, you'll like it!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Overpass

This morning's 5 a.m. 10-mile run was my introduction to the only hill in our town, which is actually a long, steep overpass. I met Cheryl and Ali at the parking lot and off we went on our 2-1/2 mile warm up (which was a sub-8 minute pace). Then we attacked the 'hills.' Oh, they felt steep and tough and my butt hurts. It was so dark and foggy at the overpass. There is no sidewalk and the shoulder is about 2 feet wide. There were a lot of cars on that thing before 6 a.m. Thankfully Cheryl and Ali had on their headlamp thingies. I need to buy one of those!

Anyway, the run pretty much did me in. I kept up with them, but it turns out they usually run the 10 miles at an average 7:15/mile pace. Today we did it at a 7:29/mile average. (Thanks gals for slowing down for me). But the hills were done at a 7:00/mile pace. Ouch. And I have to confess that right this second, I have a migraine. The 'aura' is blocking my peripheral vision as I type. Hope there aren't many typos.

Time to take the kids to school and go have breakfast with my hubby and toddler. I hope to get rid of this headache. I've already popped about 3 Ibuprofen. Thank God the run is DONE!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Mir said...

Wow, awesome job on that run! I hope you feel better soon--migraines suck!

Ms Eva said...

I can't believe you ran on the busy overpass!! Careful!

I hope you are feeling better.

:D

DawnB said...

hope you're feeling better GB, great workout

Marathon Maritza said...

Wow, great job!!!!

Hope your headache is gone by now!