I can't remember the last time I felt free during a run. Felt peace. For a long time now I've been running under the stress of performance. How's my pace? How's my heart rate? Is this going to help me during my next race? Blah blah blah blah. Now that I'm forced to not run at all I am also forced to rehash all that went wrong with my running. It's gonna be a long process, but I'll get back to basics soon. I'll get back in touch with why I began running in the first place... because it made me feel GOOD.
Things happen the way they're supposed to. God has let me know that in no uncertain terms. Now it's about going with the flow.
Managing Hydration When You Are a Runner
5 years ago


7 comments:
You have such an amazing attitude. I admire your faith! Just keep going with the flow and I feel sure you'll recapture the old joy of running.
When you start running again, leave the watch at home... building those base miles should be fun and stress free. I did that last fall when I started running after the hammie injury and it was so wonderful to not care how fast I was running... Ignorance can be bliss! wishing you a peaceful return to the sport!
monica
Yup. Take a step back, look around, and you will notice things you were missing.
~Peace
Great post GB, well said. I have never appriciated running so much as when I couldn't run, and it changed me forever as a runner. I know I don't savor every run as much as I did when I first came back (um, I cried tears of joy for 3 miles) but I still know how lucky I am.
Everything will workout fine for you, I know it. In the meantime, think of all the many many other ways you are blessed in your life. :)
I loved this posting. It's such a good reminder. All this stress and craziness-- but isn't the whole point supposed to be doing something enjoyable? Perhaps nothing went "wrong," but there was just a lesson that needed to happen.
However, this DOES mean you can take a rest and then concentrate on AR50 with Mike and I! Ha ha!
GB,
We are in the exact same spot. Except that I'm fool enough to keep trying to run:)
I feel the key is to avoid temptation. Don't weigh ourself, get out there and bike, swim, walk or do whatever helps with healing and keeps you sane.
I know we both have trouble not running, but I'll pray for you to have peace while your body rests.
Ron
I've been enjoying a relaxing pace as well, no Forerunner, just my watch to mildly keep track of time.
Post a Comment